While there is definitely value in carving your own path rather than following the herd when it comes to the subject matter of the online content that you produce for your website, you should take note of important SEO trends when publishing guest blog posts and other articles online. By following the most effective of these trends, you will be able to attract visitors to your site in far greater numbers than would otherwise be the case. In this short article, we take a brief look at 6 of what we believe are likely to be among the most important SEO content marketing trends of 2018.
6 Ways to Turbocharge Your Content Marketing Plan
Follow the 6 tips below to kick start your content marketing campaign in 2018.
- Continue to Target Local Search Keywords and Phrases – Local search terms have always made sense as you are competing in a smaller arena than when using less focused key phrases but they have assumed far greater importance in recent years, with the advent of many local search specific Google tools. There are many innovative local search approaches you can try in 2018 so don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Combine SEO and Content Marketing Techniques – Historically, the majority of commercial organisations have tended to follow one or another of these two approaches: either publishing carefully crafted content that is designed to inform and motivate potential customers or investing heavily in on-site search engine optimisation in order to rank higher in SERPs. A far more effective strategy, and one that we expect to see become even more popular in 2018, is to combine the two approaches so that your well-crafted and informative content is easy to find.
- Produce Engaging Social Media Content – Genuinely interesting social media posts attract a greater number of likes and comments, causing them to appear on more people’s timelines. The more visible your social media posts are, the more effective they will be.
- Create Accelerated Mobile Pages – Since the number of users accessing the Internet from mobile devices overtook those using conventional computers, optimising web pages for phones and tablets has become even more important for commercial organisations of all sizes.
- Aim to Produce Featured Snippets – If a small portion of content from your site is picked to be a featured snippet at the top of Google search results, it will lend a greater air of authority to your entire website and the content within. While featured snippets have been around for some time, they are expected to be front and centre in 2018.
- Utilise Hyper-Local Search Engine Optimisation – 2018 will witness the continuing growth of what is known as hyper-local SEO, i.e. SEO techniques focused on a very small geographical area, such as the High Street in a particular town, rather than a large region of the country.
For further information on the latest SEO trends and how you can utilise them to create a highly visible online presence for your organisation, get in touch with Sustain Media today.